Croatian OWS Federation/OWS Club Primorje
Place, date and time of the event:
Rijeka,7th August 2021 start at 11:00
Description and characteristics of the course:
The event will be held simultaneously for 2 recreational races (1,000 m and 3,000 m) and the National Championship and CRO CUP race for 7500m. The start of the races will be in the sea in front of the pier of the Marina Novi. The course and buoys are positioned as on the map here. The swimmers will swim in the clockwise direction, yellow buoys are turned with the right arm and the red with the left arm.
Program and competition schedule:
9:30 – Marina Novi: Registration of participants
10:45 – Briefing of competitors
11:00 – Start: 1000 m (time limit 30′), 3000 m ( time limit: 80′) and 7500 (time limit according to the Rules and regulations of the Croatian OWS Federation)
13:00– Lunch for the participants
14:30 – Awards Ceremony
The right to participate in the competition:
Both events are open to competitors from Croatia and from abroad, to licensed and unlicensed competitors, to OWS club members and pool swimming clubs, as well as recreational swimmers.
Each competitor competes at their own risk – signing a waiver when filling out the application for participation just before the race or previously sent online entry form. The responsibility is not transferable to the competition organizer. For participants younger than 18 the application must be signed by parent / guardian to permit the participation of a minor competitor in the race.Minors without a parent / guardian will not be allowed to participate in the competition.
The participation in the competition must be done by REGISTRATION exclusively by filling the online form on the club website: www.kdp-primorje.hr
The competitor is eligible to compete after confirming their arrival at least 20 minutes before the start of the competition.
Amount of fees and method of payment:
The fee for the race is 100 kn (+ bank fees) for payment submitted until 3rd August 2021 on the KDP Primorje IBAN account: HR7924840081105746935, or 120 kn on the day of the race.
MEN absolute National category for all ages and CRO CUP by category M15, M19, M29,M39,M49,M59, M60+ and for the KVARNER PLIVA by points
WOMEN absolute National category for all ages and CRO CUP by category F15, F19, F29,F39,F49,F59, F60+ and for the KVARNER PLIVA by points
3000m and 1000m
– MEN absolute and by points
WOMEN absolute and by points
– The organizer of the competition will provide health service and rescuers with AED.
– During the performance, the competitors will be accompanied by boats and rescuers, so in case of emergency, the swimmer can raise their hand.
– The unofficial results of the competition can be read online immediately after the end of the competition at www.stotinka.hr, while the final official results will be published for the national championship and CRO CUP at www.hsdp.hr, or for the KVARNER PLIVA competition at www.kdp-primorje. hr
During the race it is prohibited:
– to take shortcuts
– physical confrontation in the competition (hitting, pulling competitors, etc.)
– standing, resting or any contact with the coast or with lifeboats (with the intention of resting, etc.).
– The organizer has the right to amend the requirements for the competition
– Head of Competition: Miloš Španjol
– The course of the race is set alongside the beaches, so the competitors are obliged not to collide with occasional bathers who may interfere with the course.
The unlicenced competitors are advised to swim with the safety buoy provided by the organizer
– In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the organizers reserve the right to change the above proposition and the right to cancel the competition with no refund fee.
– It is mandatory for the athletes to wear the numbered cap provided by the organizer. In case of loss or damage the athlete has to refund the organizer with 100kn for the cap and/or 150kn for the buoy.
Special measures related to the Corona pandemic:
– online registered swimmers must unsubscribe by e-mail, i.e. abstain from coming to the competition in case of increased body temperature or any suspicion of infection with COVID-19 virus
– upon arrival, all swimmers will have their temperature checked with an infrared remote thermometer and if it is elevated they will have to leave the competition area.
– when entering the competition area, it is necessary to disinfect the hands with the installed dispersant.
– It is recommended for competitors to wear protective masks before entering the sea and after leaving, with the obligation to maintain a distance of at least 1.5 m.