Invitation and Competition rules
Venue,date and time of event:
KOROMAČNO,15 July 2012, START at 10 a.m.
Description and features of the track:
The Swimming Marathon (in further text: Race) is to be held along the 5000 meters and the 2500meters track along the Ubas peninsula. The Start and the Finish of the Race will be at sea in front of the KOROMAČNO beach. The competitors will swim the length of the track up to the first turning buoy, they will reach the second tuning buoy , turn around and continue to swim back up to the third turning buoy until reaching the starting point for 2500m, while the competitors swimming the length of 5000m will repeat that route two times. To view the track click on Google Maps.
TIMETABLE OF EVENT:
8:30am- Tent/parasole on the road above the beach in Koromačno: Registration of participants
10:00-START of 2500m and 5000m race. It ends 1 hour after the first competitor finishes the race.
13:30 Winner Ceremony
- Members of sport clubs and those who swim for recreation, who are either from Croatia or from abroad, can all join the race.
- Women and men will race together at the same time, but their scores are going to be evaluated separately by their age groups and gender, except for the absolute category.
The categories are as follows:
- absolute category (M/W),
- age categories (M/W):
- up to 15 age years,
- up to 19 age years,
- up to 29 age years,
- up to 39 age years,
- up to 49 age years,
- up to 59 age years,
- above 60 years.
- Each racer participates in the competition on his/her own responsibility – which is to be confirmed by signing an application form for the participation in the race and which can no way be transferred on to the race organizers even in the case of Act of God.
- The participation of competitors younger than 18-year olds shall be guaranteed by their parents or tutors – meaning that, apart from the regular application form, a statement shall be signed, by means of which a parent or a tutor shall agree upon the participation of a minor in the race.
- Not a single minor will be admitted to the competition without the above signatures.
HOW TO REGISTER
You can register by filling a Registration form online www.kdp-primorje.hr or on the day of the race. The competitor has the right to participate prior to having filled the Registration form at least 30 min before the beginning of the Race.
Registration fee for participants is as follows:
For registration fee received until 12 July 2012 – 70kn
For registration fee received after 12 July 2012 – 90 kn
Kdp Primorje bank account: 2484008-1105746935
Click here for the ENTRY FORM.
- Organizer provides health care and lifeguards during the competition.
- During their swim, boats accompany competitors.
During the competition, the automatic disqualification will be caused in cases of:
- Track shortening
- Any physical conflict during the competition such as hitting another swimmer and the like;
- Stopping, resting and being in any contact with the mainland
The Race Commission keeps the right to change and add the above rules of competition.